Here's one for all the off shore anglers looking for more info that may help in their fishing successes. The Sites listed below publish regularly updated, color coded sea surface temperatures. These particular addresses pertain to the Stuart off shore region. Check them out ��� all are reasonably user friendly and each has some useful, unique features.
- NOAA - contains both zoom and looping info.
- Rutgers University - multiple updates daily, archived data enables user to spot temperature trends from past week.
- Hot Spot Charts, LLC - has a free site for visitors, interactive for way point settings, and lat/lon pin pointing for temperature changes.
Two things to remember when using these sites:
- Cloud coverage prevents acquisition of data ��� some days may have no coverage
- in the absence of a color guide translating color to an actual temperature, blue is cold, red is hot.
Many thanks to Jeff Jones from TurboCombustor Technology for suggesting this addition and for steering us in the right direction.